DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 03:53

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 06:05 
Project Author

I wondered if I had made a post for Mozart's Magic Flute. It appears I have two Magic Flutes (but only one mouth). I have already posted one comment now for the second. The one I have just listened to (possibly again) is Karajan's Magic Flute. Yes "Herbert Von", that Karajan. This is a EMI His Master's Voice recording. Not the super thick DECCA vinyl but a lighter one, recorded in 1964 (original London pressing) with the Vienna Phil.

The stars of the show, Seefried, Lipp and others I have not heard of before. The box of the box set of three LPs is in fair condition but more importantly the LPs are in very good condition. There are some pops and clicks but I would rate the LPs condition as 90%. The performance is smooth and at the end you just want one more LP. I have heard better Operatic performances but this one leaves you with a big smile on your face and a feeling of total joy. All for $10. Priceless!

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 09:03 
Project Author

Bought some new and second-hand vinyl the other day. Tchaikovsky Piano concerto #1 - a Speakers Corner remastered and pressed on 180g vinyl. Solti at the helm and a DECCA recording. This is from 1959 (I was 7) and is a dead quiet pressing. Tape hiss is present but the performance by Curzon is spectacular.

Also a 1986 DECCA digital recording of Strauss' Arabella opera with Kiri te Kanawa , A three LP set. This is the original pressing and though the vinyl is wafer thin the LPs are pristine as new. I don't think it has ever been played it looks and sounds absolutely brand new. This box set cost $14 the speakers corner above was $44.

From wiki: 1986 - Richard Strauss -Arabella - as Arabella in a studio recording with Covent Garden Royal Opera House Chorus and Orchestra, Jeffrey Tate

Also a bought a test LP. Once more this looks pretty unused. Yet to try.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2014, 23:12 
Project Author

Hasn't been a while since any posts here, this one is well worth it.

Carl Philipp Emmanuel Bach, Flotenkonzerte.
Flute concerto in D minor, and G minor

It is a German Archiv production (198 435), heavy weight vynil. A well presented LP which folds out. Beautifully recorded, excellent pressing-1967. Condition, 9.5\10. Hans-Martin Linde, flute. Best of all I was given it.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2015, 21:26 

I'd like to jump in the Vinyl Collectors Corner..

Over the past couple weekends, I've picked up a mix of new and used LPs:

Used:
Schon & Hammer - Neal Schon and Jan Hammer
Tour De Force – Live - Al Di Moela
Inna-Gadda-da-Vidda - Iron Butterfly
Woodstock (all 3 albums in trifold sleeve)

New:
Kind Of Blue - Miles Davis
Workin' With the Miles Davis Quintet - Miles Davis
Head Down - Rival Sons
Great Western Valkyrie - Rival Sons

My vinyl collection is growing again...

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2015, 15:51 
Project Author

This thread was meant for Classical music only. But your LPs sound good regardless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8