DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 09:13

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 50 watt tube linear
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 14:56 

Hi I am looking for a single tube linear circuit for ND bands. Well 40 meters. I use to have one but since we moved to our new house I can find it. What I am looking for is to use with my 5 watt 3 band tube AM transmitter. I real y use it on 7290 KC and 7295 KC. I am old School and do not use side band any more. Any help would be great. And 73s

Post subject: Re: 50 watt tube linear
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 17:05 

40 watt carrier I assume?

If you're modulating before the amplifier, you still need a linear amp. One capable of 160 watts PEP will do ya. Trio of 6146 or quad of 807's would work.

Check also around pirate radio forums for schematics, as a 5 watt AM TX is what the Grenade or Corsair does. Their most popular frequencies are 6925-6980 KHz, so little retuning would need doing for such an "afterburner".

73's!

Work: Classic Valve Design

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 08:27 

I wanted to use a 6l6,807 or 1625. I wanted to keep it simple. My transmitter is a MOPA. With L net work tuning. I use crystals and plug in could for 75,40 and 20 meters.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 08:34 

Here is my transmitter

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 08:37 

I was thinking 50 watts peek envelope power. I wanted to use ok network for the final in the amp.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 09:00 

50 watts PEP can be had from a pair of 6L6GC's. If no one responds in the meantime, I'll have a boo at my amp schematic repositry on the weekend (10-hour days at work this week).

Cheers!

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 17:37 

Alli under the hood.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 17:57 

The transmitter is 5 watts output. I have some QSO's 200 miles away on 40 meters when the band was open. I have had problems when the band gets a little noisy. On 75m and 20m have been less than 100 miles. That is why I am looking to add some more power. I do have a 500w linear with 813's but I rather not go that route.I sold all my 2 meter radios and was even thinking of letting my HF rig go. That is why I built this little transmitter. I just want to get back to basics. For 160 meters i have a 3 watt rig on line board with 20's tubes.It works great.I use it for the 1929 QS O party. It is screen modulated.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 01:49 

That's a little beauty! :thumbsup:

I found some info that can be adapted. One PDF in Hebrew has some good info halfway through.

https://geek.scorpiorising.ca/files/614 ... mitter.pdf
https://geek.scorpiorising.ca/files/RF_ ... _4Z1VC.pdf

Cheers!

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 07:39 

Thanks a lot. I may just try a grounded grid 811. I will post it father it is done. I like this little transmitter so much that I packed away my IF 7300. I still need to builds better recive r to match the transmitter. I am using a one time then with a 1 tube rd and ahead of it.