DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 12:49

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 May 2014, 02:10 

This is what my mic goes with. It is a 20 channel 2/3 octave analyzer with 60db range and 24DB slope per octave. Ch are from 24Hz to 16KHz all analogue. Added in a fast, med, and slow decay sw. Also bar or dot mode, and finally the source is from back RAC's or front mic input. Can stair at it for hours. I bought the cabinets from a local supplier. They come blank with handles,4x sides, top, bottom, feet, and all the hardware to put together all for $25 Can. (front panel is 3" x 12"). Think i have ten in total in my stereo system. I used 3/4" x 1/2" alu. bar stock to make equipment rails for rack mounting each unit. Here is some snips of the analyzer.

One big problem i see facing our community is "panel lettering". Used to buy the font, size, and color I wanted on a big sheet and dry transfer but those days are gone. Computers making our lives easier Grrrrrr

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 11 May 2014, 02:30 

Beautiful! Love it! :D

Almost no one knows how to do perf board complexity like that anymore with the one-click-PCB-services available now.

Brings back memories of my youth and Forrest M. Mims III books littering my dad's workbench :wizard:

Work: Classic Valve Design

PostPosted: 12 May 2014, 22:08 

There is lot in the term P2P but more when one considers P 2 Cf 2 P is actually P 2 S 2 Cf 2 S 2 P With the odd exception being some of the machine made and inserted parts on plate threw hole boards. Hello DoDo bird soon.
Tightly wrapping one component's wire around another s or a pin, then, applying solder just seems to make sense for making the strongest , most reliable, (if done properly "no cold joints"), lowest resistance path, least suitable to induction of so many kinds connection between parts. With the wire-wrap boards, it is always easy to have what is needed to whip up a board (if needed) without all the chemicals etc, especially when it is a one of. We all find what works for us. I still have bags of donuts and various widths of lines and IC's for 6,8,14,16.18,20 etc also 2X sizes. !970's left overs.
Concidering our, make it, send it, pay for it, and get it on my IPhone world it has become,,,,,,,,,I would like to bring in a PCB // donut filled transparency just to see the look on their faces when i slide it out of the envelop. I'll have 2 please!