DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 12:51

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FM Tube Radio
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 06:26 

Eagle72 wrote:
and the link to that thread is...

Hi!

Thanks for being interested on my projects. The Hi-Fi tube tuner is here: http://diyaudioprojects.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3128

Cheers,
Miguel

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 18:27 

thank you, sir

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2011, 06:49 

Has anybody else tried this little wonder?

Now after my latest project (the Hi-Fi FM Tuner), I learnt some good things! I´m planning to get rid of the original 22MHz tuned coil and replace with a crystal resonator simple circuit. I don´t know what voltage crystals can handle, but I have a lot of these and will certainly give a try! :)

Cheers,
Miguel

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011, 11:02 

Here is a schematic, in memoriam of a Romanian Electronist - G.D.Oprescu.
It is for the URSS FM domain : 65-73 MHz but decreasing the capacitors and/or the number of turns can be adapted to tune 87-108 MHz.
Attachment:
FM receiver.JPG

Here I'll post a short description of the diagram (translated):

By using the FM band by radiostations,it is obtained a high quality transmission of sound,especially through their high frequency transmission, which in normal bands receiving stations, where long, medium and short are actually suppressed.We refer of course not to be radiostations in particular trade or amateur traffic,but the music programs transmitted to the public.

Another advantage of using FM is constituing the modulation type, frequency, leading to a audition without athmospheric or industrial parasites.The benefits brought by FM radio stations which are ultra concludent, the majority of radio technology devices are equipped with FM (also called U.K.W.).

Modifing the antique radios for FM reception is not an easy operation, so it is prefered to build a separate tuner for the FM band.

Figure 1 is a schematic diagram of a receiver that combines both functions, either as separate receiver, or as adapter. This solution is cheaper and easier; he works as an integrated receiver with a rise in speaker less than 1 watt power more than sufficient for a large room, if you realize that the handheld devices with output power transistors have the order of 50 ... 200 milliwatts.

The device can be used, for example, to print on the tape where the FM programs, being provided with a standard plug outlet on the tape.

The antenna can be plugged either at terminal A1 in the case that using a dipole antenna where ultra descent ribbon cable with impedance of 300 ohms or the coaxial terminal A2, in case he still uses a dipole antenna but with cable The descent shielded coaxial, 75 ohm impedance.

Here are the details of the radio construction:
Domain: 64 ... 73 ​​MHz (in fact larger by + - 5 MHz).
Sensitivity: better than 250 microvolts.
About 1 watt output power with up to 5% distorsions.
Power consumption below 20 watts.

L1 and L2 coil is wound on a single housing with adjustable core ferrocart for 8 ... 10 mm
L1 coil has : 3+3 turns, Cu Em 0,2...0,3 mm
L2 coil has : 5 turns with tap at 1.5 turn from the ground, Cu Em 0,6...1 mm
L3 coil has : 5 turns, Cu Em 1,5....2 mm,wired on a cylinder with 10 mm diameter
L4,L5 and L6 coils have : 35 turns, Cu Em 0,1...0,15mm

Output transformer core laminations twisted a section of 2 cm square, 0.1 ... 0.15 mm air gap
Prim: 3500 turns, Cu Em 0,1...0,15 mm
Second: Cu Em 0,45... 0.6 mm,the number of turns is depending with the speaker impedance (eg: for 3 ohmi / 45 turns)

Electronic tubes used are as follows:
T1. T2. T3 = EF80, 6AC7, 6Ж4.
For tubes T2 and T3 may be used 6Ж1П tubes.
Tube T4 = ECC82, 6SN7, 6H8C, 6Н1П.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 04:43 

Hi Miguel,

I've see your video on youtube about the Fremodyna receiver! Great work! Good sound quality.

Me too I'm working to build a FM Fremodyna receiver... I think the schematic it's the same. But I'm curious, can I ask You if You can send me the schematic ?

Kind Regards