DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 03:17

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 08:28 
Project Author

I figured to do it easy. I have bought the chip and board from tech-diy so I just have to get some parts. Would have everything if all my stuff wasnt in storage :( .. well to be honest its all in a truck on the way to storage. Our house sells today and I got everything else loaded on a truck a few days ago. But I have lots of LDRs to match and that interconnect/LSA to make and a CDP to perform surgery on as well as an F5 to build so it will have to be this fall sometime for the LM4780.
Ri

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 07:22 

Since the last post I have gotten a textured chassis done as well, these are real sweet.

If anyone wants these done, just drill the holes, send it out and I will get it done.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 22:49 

billnchristy wrote:
Hey guys, I lucked into something local and there is a pretty good chance you can too.

There is a fabrication shop up the street from my work that builds Go-Karts and fabricates just about anything you need. They also powder coat.

Going with gloss black, which is this shop's most frequent use, they are doing 6x10x2 Hammond chassis for $6-7 a piece for me. Other colors will cost more because they are going to shoot mine while they spray other jobs.

There is a good chance something like this is available near you...take a look. If not and you want a nice finish (the gloss black is not quite mirror, but very reflective) you can set your chassis up how you like (holes and whatnot) and ship it to me and I will get it done for you for little cost over base quote.

I have one there now undrilled and will post some pics when I get it back, we are going to try pre and post drilled to see which ends up with a better finish overall.

That is a good alternative for painting aluminum. Aluminum is a pain in the a## because it will peel off so easily and the only primer that I know of that works is very caustic.

I use a lot of aluminum for the stuff I make and sell (not audio related) and I finally settled on black anodizing. You can use Type II if it doesn't get a lot of abuse. Type III, sometimes called hard coat, is more resilient, but a little more costly.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 18:49 

billnchristy wrote:
Here is a pic with purpleheart sides delivered by the wood supply I outlined in the Wood Supply thread:

If you want a more matt finish, top it off with a satin clear coat. Wet sand it first with 400 grit followed by 600 grit, then hit it with a light coat of the clear.

Go easy on the edges and corners when sanding.