DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 03:54

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tubes for sale
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 16:21 

Hi guys. I run a business called Ham & HiFi. We buy/sell a wide variety of vintage electronic items for amateur radio and high fidelity audio. We currently do most of our selling on eBay, but we’re hoping to change that soon… and that’s actually why I’m writing this post.

We have thousands of really nice tubes that we are trying to sell. 12AX7, 6L6, 6550, 2A3, 6SN7, 6922, Western Electrics… you name it and we probably have it. We have been listing some of these on eBay, but it’s proving to be difficult for a variety of reasons. Mainly, we simply do not have time to photograph/list all of these, and hiring someone to do it is too difficult… the learning curve on identifying tubes can be pretty steep.

I’m gauging interest as to who out there may be interested in buying direct. This would save us from having to photograph/list each tube, and at the same time would give the buyer a better price. The process would work like this:

Every week, we would publish a list of tubes that are available. My guess is that there will be 200+ new tubes on the list each week. The list will include a detailed description (manufacturer, date code, construction type, cosmetic notes, etc), along with the test results from our Amplitrex AT-1000. It would also include prices, which again will be much lower than what we would normally post them on eBay for. The list would be emailed to those on the mailing list, and the tubes would be sold on a first-come first-serve basis.

Our eBay name is hamandhifi. Check us out, and you’ll see that we are very legit. We have 1800+ listings right now with 99.9% positive feedback.
If you have any interest, shoot me an email at KG7LOV@hamandhifi.com and well get you on the mailing list. Please include a list of tubes that you are looking for, so we can try to get to those first.

I am going to try to get the first list mailed out in a week or two. Also, feel free to share this info with whoever you feel may be interested.
You can also give me a call at 1-866-988-0073 if you have any questions.

Post subject: Re: tubes for sale
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 06:52 

A few questions that may help your sales:

a) What is the origin of the tubes? New, NOS, used, pulls, foreign, domestic and so forth.
b) How are they tested and graded? You answered that in part, already - but are there any additional filters?
c) Do you have the capacity to match (not by markings, but by plate current, bias and filament current & voltage)?
d) What sorts of warranties/guarantees do they have?

I ask on the matching as this is listed on your tester's specification page: Tests for emission, transconductance, and gas/leakage.Nothing on plate current, bias and filament.

Thanks in advance - I may be in the market for four 6550/KT88 tubes not of Chinese origin.