DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 28 Apr 2017, 05:18

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Spare 6T9 anyone?
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 17:18 

akhihar wrote:
How much total for a pair to ship them to US/Canada? Could you please let me know?

I will check the Swedish Royal Postoffice tomorrow. The tubes was something like $5 or 6 when I bought them , so ... $10-12 + postage.

I will check what kind of 6T9 brands I have too, should have 10+ tubes.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 22:32 

HI Soundbrigade,

I just found a couple of guys in USA saying that they can supply these tubes. I will first try with them. Thanks for your offer, I will get abck to you if I do not succeed with these two guys.

Thanks once again.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 01:47 

Just in case .. I have some GE, and a pair of DuMont.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 03:48 
Project Author

Does anyone know a good source for 6T9. Spare Time Gizmo contacted me desperate to source some 6T9. Not sure he ever found them. He said some sites claimed they had them 'till you tried to order them then magically they were out of stock.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 03:58 

Nohave no clue. I have a few left. Emptied some shops and had some 12- 13 Sold most of them.
Are you in desperate need of many or just a few?

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 06:31 
Project Author

Soundbrigade wrote:
Nohave no clue. I have a few left. Emptied some shops and had some 12- 13 Sold most of them.
Are you in desperate need of many or just a few?

I have a few also but just wondering if anyone knew where there maybe a good supply.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 13:51 
Editor

mwhouston wrote:
Let me know if you come across some tubes. Spare Time Gizmo was also having problems getting tubes.

These are hard to find now. They do pop up on eBay but the typical going rate is $15 to $20 each. Best bet may be to scour old electronic repair shops that are still sitting on old tubes and ham radio swap meets - you might get lucky.

Cheers

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2017, 19:15 
Editor

Tube Store has these now, but at $20 each.
http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6T-to-6Z-Types/6T9

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2017, 19:59 
Project Author

I have a few not sure if they are manufacturer matched. I must keep at least one pair as I sold my brother 6T9 amp which he uses daily and loves. So need at least one backup pair. Haven't checked the tubes in years but if anyone is absolutely stuck Ill dig them out and see what can go.