DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 16:44

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2014, 16:50 

Hi DIY experts

This DAT recorder caught my eyes the other day as I was surfing on the different online auctions. It's on ebay.de (Germany) - but seller ships worldwide. It seems to be in mint condition, only it need some repair. Not being able to do this by myself I'm asking if any of you could help me out. As far as I can see it should be a relatively quick fix - please correct me if I'm wrong. Don't wanna end up with another non-repairable component ... she hates it.... Please revert asap - the auction is ending on Friday.....
Cheers mates
Ivan

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014, 02:30 

No link, no mention of the issue.

We'd love to help, but we aren't magicians :wizard: ;)

Cheers!

*edit*

Given the age of the unit, personally I would pass.

Work: Classic Valve Design

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014, 15:40 

Ivan wrote:
This DAT recorder caught my eyes the other day as I was surfing on the different online auctions. It's on ebay.de (Germany) - but seller ships worldwide. It seems to be in mint condition, only it need some repair. Not being able to do this by myself I'm asking if any of you could help me out. As far as I can see it should be a relatively quick fix - please correct me if I'm wrong. Don't wanna end up with another non-repairable component

Hi Ivan,

You should read the description again. The seller has just updated the listing admitting that there are more problems than just the faulty switch (why am I not surprised?). And not really mint...

I bought this machine :
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pioneer-D-1000-Reference-DAT-Recorder-Urushi-model-/151153170520?nma=true&si=XYtlesGhGASWPTCnNlQ0SxiVGbY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
with similar faults and I ended up spending around 500eur on the repair so you should be in the same ballpark.
Everyone thinks it shares everything with the 1000ES so you can easily find donor parts but it's just the mechanical base they share and not the loading part. And the transport is a 4 direct drive so there are no belts to spin the tape like the seller says.

Hope this helps,
B

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 05:08 

Hi,
I recently bought a D-1000 deck from Japan. Everything seems to work although sometimes when I turn the machine on and put a tape in and try to play it stops. After the machine has been on for a while it plays tapes fine. Does it need to warm up?

I think mine needs a service. Where would you recommend?

Also, I have the manual but its all in Japanese. I was trying to record digital to digital by connecting my CD player direct the d-1000 using an optical cable. I tried to record but the machine lets you do a second but then stops.

Is there something I need to do? Also, how do you change the sampling frequencies? I believe this machine can record at 48khz, 44.1khz and 32khz. I don't know how to change these.

any help you can provide would be useful and is there a manual that has English text?

thanks

kyri

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2018, 04:14 

ktsennaf1 wrote:
Hi,
I recently bought a D-1000 deck from Japan. Everything seems to work although sometimes when I turn the machine on and put a tape in and try to play it stops. After the machine has been on for a while it plays tapes fine. Does it need to warm up?

I think mine needs a service. Where would you recommend?

Also, I have the manual but its all in Japanese. I was trying to record digital to digital by connecting my CD player direct the d-1000 using an optical cable. I tried to record but the machine lets you do a second but then stops.

Is there something I need to do? Also, how do you change the sampling frequencies? I believe this machine can record at 48khz, 44.1khz and 32khz. I don't know how to change these.

any help you can provide would be useful and is there a manual that has English text?

thanks

kyri

Kyri, not sure if it would help now as your post is 2 years old but I repaired my D-1000 with the help of these guys: https://www.proaudio-revival.com/

There's no English manual unfortunately and the unit needs modification in order to record from CD.

All best,
B