DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 22 Jul 2018, 05:20

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 16:47 

I wrote this in March 2016:

http://aficionados.foroactivo.com/t342p ... flex#16166

Quote:
El rodaje está siendo muy rápido, pues se nota cómo va mejorando el sonido. Sonido más detallado y, sobre todo, mucha mayor separación de los instrumentos en el jazz. Incluso hay un poco más de profundidad -se nota si me levanto y me alejo. Ah, a pesar del mayor detalle los agudos son más agradables.

La clásica también está mejorando mucho.

Las cajas parecen otras, la música es más real, creíble.

En una escala de diez, la puntuación sería:

Antes: 8/10

Ahora: 10/10

Supongo que con música comercial la mejora será mucho menor.

The burning is being very fast, because I can see how the sound is improving. More detailed sound and, above all, much greater separation of the instruments in jazz. There is even a little more depth - I can tell if I get up and walk away. Ah, despite the greater detail the treble is more pleasant.

The classic music is also improving a lot.

The speakers look different, the music is more real, credible.

On a scale of ten, the score would be:

Before: 8/10

Now: 10/10

I suppose that with commercial music the improvement will be much smaller.

Trust me, you must try the Würth 150 kHz.

http://aficionados.foroactivo.com/t342p ... flex#16118

By the way, after ALL my tweaks in my system the LPF is now more high (I started below 15000 Hz, so much was the high frequency noise that I suffered).

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 06:34 
Project Author

I boxed the free hanging Xover components from the back of the Beymas. You would think in an enclosure or not they would sound the same. You're right but they didn't. Instantly I knew something was wrong but I couldn't workout what it was. I had the limiting Rs at the Xover and moved them to the treble binding posts where they had been before. This made it easier to alter the treble balance but the speakers still sounded awful. To much treble and shrill. Not what I have been use to for some months now.

I started thinking what I did wrong and checked the external wiring against the internal. All good. Yesterday while still feeling something was very wrong I remember when a friend came over to test the speakers we inverted the tweeter connections to put the tweeters out of phase with the woofer. We did this because in the testing there was a peak in treble about 2K. When we put the tweeter out of phase with the woofer the peak flattened right out.

After two days of living with alien speakers I inverted the tweeter connections. It all sounded so good right from that moment. Not sure why or what is happening but the some sort of interaction is occurring between woofer and tweeter. When out of phase that issue goes away. Now they sound great again. So happy.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 23:12 

I own a 902.512 and a pair of chinese 15az-2.
I'm currently mono on single 902.512 and I like it.

https://www.avsl.com/product/902.512UK- ... nt-drivers

I have my tweeters in parallel crossed over at about 5k. Using two 8ohm 4 inch silk dome tweeter with 95db efficentcy=101db.
I am also using high quality esre pulse x caps as cross over a single 8u2.
Comparsion to 3.3+4.7 fine gold. The pulse x caps has increacsed clarity and just sounds better along with beautiful colour.

With duall 8ohm twetters, Well balanced. Flat response. These speakers sound very good and are the best I've listned to
It also gets very loud without much power.
I tired a single 8 ohm tweeter, highs are slightly on the low side, but still good enough to be considered flat, response simliar to that of headphones and full range. I perfer duall tweets.

Your speakers seem to look small somewhat like 12 inch in photo.
My are reall 15inches and comparsion to my washing machine, its about 85% size of samsung front loader machine.
The tv in photo is a 42 inch.

I would definitaly recomend getting hifi caps for cross over.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.