DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 01 Apr 2020, 13:52

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2009, 03:16 

i have a 15 inch JBL E 140-8 with a little rattle near the coil. you can hear the coil rub when the speaker is out of the box but when its mounted it doesn't rub. the rattle doesn't seam to be consistent to any volume or frequency. the speaker sat in a shop for a while unused so i'm hoping its just dust. the rattle was worse when I first hooked it up and has now become more random. has anyone had any luck getting debris from around the coil?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 21:54 

i recently posted a topic about the jbls having a noise but it turned out to be me starving them of power. anyway i have a system that includes 2 jbl e140-8s 2 ev t-350 ( same as the klipsch k77) and 2 mid that are sealed back with a vent in the front, the mids cone is about 4 inches 6 including the suround and the magnet is about 7 or 8 inches the entire mid structure mounts in a hole that you could mount a 10'' in . any way its all a little big for home theater so i would consider doing some trading. i will trade pairs for equal or same value. i am particularly partial to sansui spx series- pioneer cs models- realistic mostly machs and optimus particularly optimus t-200.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 00:12 
Editor

Hi kainbrake2, welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure how a speaker is "underpowered"? Are you sure you just can't hear the voice coil rub when you are playing at a higher SPL?
I would suggest trying something local like craigslist as I don't imagine paying shipping costs would make trading worthwhile.
Cheers,
Gio