DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Bruce Heran outlines the details and construction of his simple DIY 6DJ8 (ECC88) Tube Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier Project.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 13:28

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 21:58 

Here is a little project to raise the level of LF in my home theater. Here is the package that was feighted in.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 21:59 

Here is the kit flat packed and awaiting assembly.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 22:00 

I start with a open clean space in my den and lay some panels out.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 22:01 

It goes together faily easily. I used all stainless steel hardware for the assembly and polyurethane contructive adhesive.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 22:03 

I opted to install the 12" subs before I installed the last side panel.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 22:04 

Assembled and ready for testing and room placement.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 22:06 

Here I'm cutting and laying out sheets of Macassar ebony veneer. The whole cabinet will be veneered and then placed in the corner of the room.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 20:58 
Editor

Nice. :twisted: That should fill in the bottom end. Is this kit the same as their "TH SPUD" kit?

How do you like it?

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 15:43 

I believe some people call it that. It is a great sub. A horn sub is very open and airy in comparison to a traditional box sub. I had to back off the gain some to keep from rattling the windows and pictures on the walls. I can still feel the vibration 12 fee away sitting on the couch. Yes, it works for me.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 16:34 

After looking into this, the THT SPUD is a different speaker than the DTS-10. The DTS-10 is larger and goes lower. All the way down to 10 Hz.