DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 14:43

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 09:16 

little progress in the project ;

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 07:23 

Аnother small step in my project;

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 11:35 

An interesting situation, nobody asked me what happened to the column volume in such ventilation! How will we calculate the volume in this complex form of ventilation? Thank's you for your great interest!

PostPosted: 30 May 2017, 07:19 

Impressive work. Don't let the absence of comments discourage you from posting pictures and writing about your progress with your projects. I, for one, do not post often but read a lot and find posts like yours inspirational to say the least as there is so much to learn from it.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 03:40 

Very nice work, it's beautiful !

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2017, 10:20 

I want to show you how I find the volume of the rear speakers.They have a complex form and the introduction of data in the appropriate program will take a long time, after assembling of the cabinet i do additional processing and here the math does not help.
From waste material I made this gadget ,that takes part in the measurements and when assembling the cabinet:
Attachment:
Ch-1.jpg
I prepared the two shells in this way;
Attachment:
Ch--.jpg
Attachment:
s-2.jpg
Attachment:
Ch1.jpg

I find the volume - 43l, I deduct the weight of the internal ribbed - massa 3.4kg.
And the net volume of the cabinet is 39. 6l. More than I need, I need about 35l.
There is one more option, but for him later.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2017, 20:14 

To find the volume of oddball shapes, believe it or not, I use rice and a scale! :blush: :D

Work: Classic Valve Design

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 08:33 

Geek wrote:
To find the volume of oddball shapes, believe it or not, I use rice and a scale! :blush: :D

I have registered in more than 40 forums, I have asked this question and do you know how many answers are correct? - 1, and this guy offered to fill the volume with beer!
There were variations with sand, rice, cat food ......

I will try to explain why exactly water?
1 kg is аpproximately equal to to 1l, ie. Their specific resistance is the same.
It is marked with the Greek letter "ro".
When you using rice (at least you have to wet it), you have to calculate this "ro", otherwise you will get a volume that has nothing to do with the correct answer.

Joro

P.S.
I will try to explain this more simply;
One kilogram is equal to one liter of water, which means that the specific resistance is equal .
Is the volume of 1kg. of cotton, rice, sand, whether they are equal to of the volumes of the water and kilogram?

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 12:43 

I did a water test once, was off by 0.07 litre. Not bad for a 15 litre cabinet!

Small ones, I can see an issue, though.

I like the beer idea.... would go well at many audiofests :D

Cheers!

Work: Classic Valve Design

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 02:58 

jororaitchev wrote:
.......... More than I need, I need about 35l.
There is one more option, but for him later.

The problem is that my investor likes the vision of the column.The decrease in volume must occur inside the construction of the cabinet.This sends the project in a more initial phase,we have a new requirement for the project, second W18 EX001.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next