DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 07:27

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 06:17 

Wow! Been a long time! DIY has taken a back seat to life for the past few years, but that bug has bit me once again. Big time.

While I plan out my next amp build, I have a question about an RCA RT 2600 i picked up for free recently. The owner said it was "on the way out", and if I jiggle this and yell at that, it will work. After mucho jiggling, yelling & swearing, the best I could get was output from the left channel, with very short bursts from the right. At one point, with the top off, I lifted the amp on one side & slightly twisted the chassis, got some sound, & then nothing. There is definitely a gremlin in the digital front end of this thing (input switching is screwy), possibly a broken wire/trace, bad ground, but before I start salvaging parts, I have a question.

Is it possible to wire this thing analog? Even just a single input to one of the amp cards? Just for fun of course. Any input is appreciated! Even if it's "pull the heat sinks & set it on fire".

I see a lot of signal tracing in my future......

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 06:23 

On another note, while going through all the settings of this thing, I had myself a chuckle. The left, right & sub outputs were boosted all the way, on the EQ bass & mids were maxed (+10), treble was set at +4. That is some extreme adjustment right there.