DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 23:31

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: PAM8403 - 3+3W D-amp
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2017, 02:14 

Thanks!
I see it now, forgot the nob on the potentiometer.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2017, 08:01 

Soundbrigade wrote:

genious mounting of everything on the lid, combined to the tight fit near the battery when closing the lid :up:

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2017, 08:27 

However the tight fit is too close. have to file the hole for the potentiometer a few milli-inches.as the amp/potentiometer subassy is hard on the battery.

Else, I thought it was a clever idea to stuff everything in the lid, thus simplifying everything. No cables running elsewhere.

Also, I think it was clever to mount the amplifier board onto a mainboard using male and female headers.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017, 05:42 

yet another pam ( model 8610 ), with both hiss and rf isues ...ouch

just wondering how it works without output filters ( no filters presented on the board )

test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fWDrvM9xI

data: https://www.diodes.com/assets/Datasheets/PAM8610.pdf

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017, 10:56 

The kind of PAM I have been using isn't the switching kind (class D).
Back in Sweden I will check, now in Morocco.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017, 15:30 
Project Author

Soundbrigade wrote:
The kind of PAM I have been using isn't the switching kind (class D).
Back in Sweden I will check, now in Morocco.

We were there a few years back. Love the place. Food was a bit disappointing. Would go back.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 04:05 

One week on the road: Marrakech - Fes - Meknes - Casablanca - Marrakech. And one week in a concentra .... tourist camp outside Marrakech. It's more or less OK, though a week isolated from the outside and hardly nothing to do (and a bad toothache) makes me climbing on the Wallström and bowling at the moon.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 04:23 
Project Author

We did Fess, Marrakech and Casablanca. Loved it. Enjoy.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 07:03 

Maybe I have an 25W class D amp waiting for me back home. Need to get my big speakers moving.
I have the small Altoids tin empty and ready for a new project. Either an Attiny85 or a PAM. However speaker connectors are too big, but 2mm bananas would work and a 3.5mm headphone connector could be fine. But a battery to go with the amp .... I bought a CR123 battery. It's small, but small enuff?!

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 09:47 

Ooops! I did it again! (Actually, I don't really like the Britney Spears' songs, but I like her a lot, maybe because she's an underdog and, to be honest, I find her HOT HOT HOT ... :lildevil: )

What I did was not to download nasty pics of Ms Spears, but go to Kjell &Co (kjell.com), a Scandinavian version of Radio Shack, but less electrnic components and more computer, phone, communication stuff. When I got home, I found a DC connector (why the heck can't there be ONE standard!!!), a short USB-cable USB-standard to USB-micro (standards again!!!), a bunch of simple but cheap RCA connectors (angled) and two plastic boxes measuring 70 x 50 x 35.
The box is, at a first glance smaller than the Altoids, but almost twice the height and in plastic. I can use my un-insolated speaker connectors (pretty small), I can mount potentiometer, amp board and battery (CR123A) at the front end of the box and "everything else in the rear with the speaker connectors.
The second box could possible hose a similar amp but without battery and a DC input.

Attachment:
IMG_1353.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

―Lewis Carroll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next