DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 24 May 2018, 10:43

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: MCA - Son of ZCA
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014, 13:07 

mwhouston wrote:
I'll assume you meant the 2SK170. I use the "BL" version for all my projects. Let's know when the build is up. It sounds like you may be officially the first to build the MCA.

LSK170 replacement made by Linear Integrated Systems. Thanks for mention that you prefer the "BL" version of 2sk170, the "B" version of LSK170 has the similar specs.

It may still be awhile before I get the chance to build ... other things in life has more priority. :bawling:

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 11:18 

The SOZCA of mine is finally running on 35,3 V. Unfortunately i never got the parts from China ( an order made, a long time ago ) where 2SK170 should have been included among other parts. The other day i didn't want to wait anymore for parts that apparently never would arrive, so the conclussion was instead to use some "used" 2N5640 and they works okay in this construction ( i guess ...because i've never heard it with the 2SK170 ).

By the way, does anyone have a *.cir og *.tsm file to make a macro for the 2SK170 ...for a comparison ( 2SK170 vs. 2N5640 ) ? if so i would be glad to get it. :)

Included in this post a TINA-TI simulation of the setup.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 16:59 
Project Author

KrammeAcoustics wrote:
The SOZCA of mine is finally running on 35,3 V. Unfortunately i never got the parts from China ( an order made, a long time ago ) where 2SK170 should have been included among other parts. The other day i didn't want to wait anymore for parts that apparently never would arrive, so the conclussion was instead to use some "used" 2N5640 and they works okay in this construction ( i guess ...because i've never heard it with the 2SK170 ).

By the way, does anyone have a *.cir og *.tsm file to make a macro for the 2SK170 ...for a comparison ( 2SK170 vs. 2N5640 ) ? if so i would be glad to get it. :)

Included in this post a TINA-TI simulation of the setup.

Please post the images. Dumb iPads can't open the files.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 18:45 

mwhouston wrote:
Please post the images. Dumb iPads can't open the files.

Weird, the zip file is made in Linux Mint, but it should be possible to open this zip file in MS Windows !

Other there has this problem ? ( besides Apple products, offcourse )

I was able to add a gif file, not a png ...hmmm :|

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 15:46 

hi mwhouston!
first of all, congratulations and thanks t share your project.
I apologize in advance for my bad English and for my ZERO knowledge the electronic.
I'm trying to build your amp.
I find difficulty in "understanding" your schema: the output of the amplifier is at the collector of the 2N3055.
in turn, the collector is DC powered after the resistance from 15 ohms and is connected to the drain of 2SK170.
right?
best to resolve for my ignorance, I ask if you have a final diagram of your project.
thanks in advance.

roberto

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 16:41 
Project Author

robertor wrote:
first of all, congratulations and thanks t share your project.
I apologize in advance for my bad English and for my ZERO knowledge the electronic.
I'm trying to build your amp.
I find difficulty in "understanding" your schema: the output of the amplifier is at the collector of the 2N3055.
in turn, the collector is DC powered after the resistance from 15 ohms and is connected to the drain of 2SK170.
right?
best to resolve for my ignorance, I ask if you have a final diagram of your project.

This is correct. Look at the formal drawing on page 3 of this thread.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 00:55 

thanks for answer.
your photos show that DRAIN of the 2sk170 is connected to the BASE of the TIP3055 and the SOURCE is connected to the COLLECTOR.
the point to read the voltage(class A = 50% of PS) is the COLLECTOR of the TIP3055?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 01:47 

the LSK170(maybe you have used this?) have the same pins of the 2sk170 then, i think, something is wrong: or the drawing or project in the photo does not work.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 05:22 
Project Author

robertor wrote:
the LSK170(maybe you have used this?) have the same pins of the 2sk170 then, i think, something is wrong: or the drawing or project in the photo does not work.

Never used a LSK170. Hard to comment.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 06:03 

easy to comment, just look at the first picture to understand what I say. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next