DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 18:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thai ZCA Design
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 22:14 

First! Say Hi! to Mark Houston I'm here now... Can you remember me??

My ZCA is here

I choose only audio grade if i can. That make sound really good! I come with softly,Big sound stage,musical friendly,etc...

My component
Ri/p - 1K >> Allenbradley
Rg - 1M >> Dale
Co/p - Nichicon KG 6800uF + RIFA 10uF + Mustard ,, Yeah that Tri-cap
Ci/p - Mundurf M-cap + Mustard ,, Bi-cap
Cg - ELNA RJH
Cfilter (onboard) - 220uF Nichicon FW + WIMA

I usually ask BI-CAP or TRI-CAP at INPUT or OUTPUT. Cause by do that sound better than one component . and PSU doesn't finish now i had waiting for a big capacitor

You should listen from L.CH my phone are crazy with R.CH

In this video i finding a lot of part to make PSU in my house and i found RIFA>2200/100*4,Samwha>10000/100*1,Nippon>10000/100*1,CHOKE 5A *2,Transformer 18-0-18V *2 ,Diode FE5D *200 (OMG! I had that diode a lot but i had never use it for a year) This diode use in Gaincard...

OK make it.
TRANSFORMER > Diode/Full Wave > C2200*2 > Choke > C2200*2+10000*2 > ZCA
Yeah! sound nice but it will be better if my huge capacitor available i order HUGE MALLORY and HUGE PHILIPS which rate 55,000uF for 6 capacitor!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Thai ZCA Design
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 16:32 

Most of the time simple is better.

Good job you have a very clean layout and the PCB looks great,

Keep us updated on the PSU :D

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 17:59 
Editor

Hi taoybb, nice work. How do you like the sound.

Can you also post the PCB files so others can make the board.

Cheer and welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 22:21 

Gio wrote:
Hi taoybb, nice work. How do you like the sound.

Can you also post the PCB files so others can make the board.

Cheer and welcome to the forum.
Thank to you two for post in my post :)

Yes! But not right now. I will post it until i back home now i'm at school. or may be ask mark.h i has already send it to him

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 10:30 

OK! Here is it! there's 3 picture.

TOP (For screen)

Bottom (For make PCB)

HOLE Location (For drill a hole!)

PCB.... I don't want so much. Just say "Thank you" and credit me if you copy this to other website by link to this original page :D

NOTE! : This PCB is not mine 100% I got original one and do modify / fix all problem in original pcb that it has major problem
THANK TO SDK.Electro for sent original one to me and allow me fix his pcb layout to solve problem.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 16:09 
Project Author

Hi tayobb,

nice PCB - well done ;-).

BTW - how did you create the imprint (silkscreen printing) on the component side of the PCB.
Do you know a DIY way to print the component sides without a real silkscreen (without using ink and squeegee).

I'm just curious :-).

Some of my projects: TDA2050 Chip Amp, the LM3886 Gainclone Thread and the Szekeres Headamp Thread.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 03:20 

I once tried toner transfer but it did'nt work for me. Tried photoresit and it works perfectly. It is very easy to do once you get the hang of the process i used paint but there are films an even photosensitve spray ;)

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 13:43 

Thank to everybody! For post

Silkscreen? I dissolve a PCB Maker company name "Innotech PCB" . So in thailand PCB made very cheap! This one cost about 18USD >> 4.5USD for Film Artwork / 5.5 For PCB / 6.6 For silkscreen "PER 10pcb!" <No problem there're Group-Buy a lot! Save money!> / and other for shipping

*** Screen if over 10 of PCB it cost will be 10USD with NO LIMIT OF Screen! That sound great!

But one problem is Screen Template that i sent to company! it bad quality, If template are better screen will ba more beautiful and sharper. That OK i don't mind that.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 12:09 
Editor

taoybb wrote:

If you can share a PDF or the .BRD files, I can add them to the main project page.

Cheers

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 19:00 

Gio wrote:
taoybb wrote:

If you can share a PDF or the .BRD files, I can add them to the main project page.

Cheers

OH! Yeah! Please wait... this time in TH there's time to go to school so this evening i will create PDF file for you :)