DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 05 Mar 2021, 21:42

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 02:58 

Not necessary VERY, as we on our Swedish fests invite all kinds of DIY-projects like hybrids (tube/mosfets or silicon/tubes), tubes, speakers, transistors, computerized room enhancement, cables, the lot.
The "triode-fest" was my idea in a vague hope to attract friends from across the waters.

I haven't been into the silicon valley for ages. Back in the 80's I started to build a Super-Crescendo but gave up and a collegue and good friendtook over and finished the project. Now it's playing nice and loud in his place. I also have a l'Audiophile Monstre lying around but cannot find it at the moment.
TYhe whole idea with hybrids is to try to find an acceptable middle road that gives acceptable sound quality and, most important, simple designs.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 06:08 

mwhouston wrote:
Soundbrigade wrote:
More about the DIY-fest here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/225332-diy-triode-fest-west-sweden-may-2013-a.html.
Would be great if you could come. Trollhättan is just 15km away.

Is this any any way related to triode fest? - Sorry very OT.

Hi

I guess, Marks question is about relation between Trollhättan and the triode fest ....right ? Correct me if i'm wrong.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 06:26 
Project Author

KrammeAcoustics wrote:
mwhouston wrote:
Soundbrigade wrote:
More about the DIY-fest here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/225332-diy-triode-fest-west-sweden-may-2013-a.html.
Would be great if you could come. Trollhättan is just 15km away.

Is this any any way related to triode fest? - Sorry very OT.

Hi

I guess, Marks question is about relation between Trollhättan and the triode fest ....right ? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Every year I want to go to Triode Fest and every year I don't. At least I'm consistent.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 06:58 

I am not sure what you mean but I hope my answer gives some light.

The towns Vänersborg and Trollhättan lies just 15 km apart. The good citizens in Trollhättan refers to Vänersborg as Northern Trollhättan.
For almost 10 years we have organized the Auio DIY-fests in Gothenburg, but as we have run out of place to held the fest I volonteered to find a location up in Vänersborg.
We will still organise our DIY-fest, but my thought was that many DIYers in Europe would be attracted if I also used the term "triode-fest", as much of the DIY-stuff actually is tube-based (SE, PP, OTL, hybrid, STC ...).
In Trollhättan is NO fest of any kind, but for people coming visiting, there is the SAAB-museum that was salvaged after the SAAB bankruptsy and some more hotels and a hostel. But we will locate the DIY/Triode-fest to Vänersborg next to Trollhättan.
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/VX3z0

I simply need to find somewhere in this forum to post more info - On topic. ;)

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 13:33 

So, where are you now?!

I have finally started to spend some time finish my loooooooooooooong list of unfinished projects and the hybrid amp has suddenly popped ... HEY! I didn't add this to my project lest .. up as this could be an "easy project".

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 19:01 

Soundbrigade wrote:
So, where are you now?!

I have finally started to spend some time finish my loooooooooooooong list of unfinished projects and the hybrid amp has suddenly popped ... HEY! I didn't add this to my project lest .. up as this could be an "easy project".

Heja Magnus

I'm still in for something regarding to the SJ50/SK135 included to a hybrid. What are you up to then, some thoughts ?

Here in Aalborg :
Ready for wintertime, so I've started spending more time inside with the electronics interests ...and first project was to make a couple of speakers for my livingroom. It's until now a test configuration, made of junked Dali 7A parts and F3/lyd Trapez X parts. I've also unmounted/riping apart my MosFet PP amp ( the Brinck build with crappy sound ). The last two days I've instead build a simple single ended Zen MosFet amp, using the Hitachi K1058. Everything is mounted on a board of plywood ( very De-lite a'like ). Build was done just to get myself in gear and get a bit success. It actually works fine and I'm amazed how nice this simple amp works together with a three way speaker. :P

More to come

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2013, 13:22 

I wouldn
t say I have come so much further. Two KT-120 ended up in my mailbox and I have decided to use them for my old Priboi.
However I have gotten tat far in my thoughts about the SJ50/SK135 that I will try some kind of tube driver, but I will check various ideas at first. The schematics from Elektor puzzels me as they are pretty "complicated" many safety stuff, whereas many other schematics are straight on.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 10:33 

Hej Magnus

Jeg har fundet noget interessant her: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-st ... ost3491616

PCB og diagram inkluderet

( OBS: dog ikke en hybrid )

MVH Dansken

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 12:49 

Looks simple enough and slightly interesting but I am very much into a hybrid.

I also happened to run into another hybrid:
http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121453
However this is the one I am going to build (later):
http://www.seekic.com/circuit_diagram/Amplifier_Circuit/PREFERRED_AUDIO_POWER_AMPLIFIER.html

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 13:23 

I like the hybrid shown with 275 opamp's for driving 5902 tubes in PP ...nice

the clean tube amp shown from seekic.com looks a lot like my simple tube amp with ecc83 and el84's ( instead of 5719 and 5902 ) ...runs about 200 vdc

Maybe i had misunderstood you, i thougth you were going for a hybrid with mosfet's in the end and not tubes !