DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Bruce Heran outlines the details and construction of his simple DIY 6DJ8 (ECC88) Tube Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier Project.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 13:20

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2012, 10:08 

vedmitraa wrote:
Please tell me where is the schematic of this amp.

Here.

Some of my diy audio projects:

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 16:29 
Project Author

Hi folks,

i'm planning a P3A open / community PCB Layout for the near future. First i have to get the LM3886 docs ready and then i'll start over...
In front of that i've 3 Weeks holidays from now and i'm away this time.

Have fun ;-)

Some of my projects: TDA2050 Chip Amp, the LM3886 Gainclone Thread and the Szekeres Headamp Thread.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2012, 03:09 

Tom, that's incredible! Have you heard the P3A?

Some of my diy audio projects:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2012, 07:00 
Project Author

Dinesh, not yet. I would like to. Seems they rock.

Some of my projects: TDA2050 Chip Amp, the LM3886 Gainclone Thread and the Szekeres Headamp Thread.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 00:06 
Project Author

tombethe wrote:
Dinesh, not yet. I would like to. Seems they rock.

They really do actually, I built mine a number of months ago, it has really clean power. I find that there isn't anything particularly special about the circuit but because it is kept simple there isn't a whole lot of colouration to the sound.

I managed to fit the amp into a 12x8x2 aluminum enclosure from Hammond with a 300VA 30Vac x 2 toroid transformer. This result in 42-43 volt supply rails, the bias is set for 60 or 75Ma, I can't remember exactly and the output transistors are mounted to the aluminum chassis. When pushing the amp without a fan blowing over the case it gets in the range of 70 degrees C, pretty darn hot. :hot:

I think the biggest improvement I made over what the original design calls for is with the power supply, there are two bridge rectifiers, one for each rail, each diode snubbed with a 10nF-0.1MFD cap. 4x10,000MFD and 2x6800MFD(Elna Cerifine), all wired with solid 14awg copper.... all this is a bit overkill but the end result is very good.

gorex69ers wrote:
Hello,
I have built this P3A amp and it sounded so good. The vocals is so clear. The cymbals is so transparent and detailed. The bass is thunderous. Simplicity in design but superior in sonics. ;) :P

excellent description of the sound :beerchug:

I have had such good results with how I built the amplifier I feel that I should provide the wiring for the clad board I used, it is a perfectly symmetrical layout and so far works excellent in terms of sound.

I think what impresses me most is how easy it is to throw in various transistors without much trouble.... I have all used parts and are different from the ones specified. Outputs are Sanken 2SC2773/2SA1169, Drivers are Toshiba 2SC2238/2SA968, the LTP, is a 2SC3381 and the LED CCS(if I am not mistaken) for the LTP uses a 2SC2240.

Just I some ideas to and success to throw out there as this is the first SS power amp I ever built and I love every bit about it, and right now I am in the process of a JLH SS preamp. Next on my platter for a future build is a dual mono JLH power amp to go with the preamp I am building. :)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 12:35 
Project Author

Hey there,

i would really like to start with the layout, but i'm way behind completing the LM3886 files and docs...
Dunno when i'm ready... :censored:

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 03:46 

Hi can anybody have P3A PCB layout please can you shear I kin to make this amplifier

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 09:09 

This is what I plan to make

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 05:02 

sanbadgujar why dont you just google for P3A amplifier PCB images. You will find numerous examples. Alternatively just buy a PCB from Rod Elliot from his web site.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 06:30 
Project Author

@ vedmitraa - do you operate a nuclear plant in the backyard ;-)

@ sanbadgujar - true, there are several layouts out there already. A little search could help. I have no idea when i will find some time to start with my layout...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next