DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 03 Dec 2020, 21:44

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 170  Next
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2011, 15:41 

Hi

This Headamp could be used as a preamp ?

thanks

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 20:57 

Hi Cuda,

I would say no: According to my circuit, the gain is about 3 and the maximum signal amplitude is about 2 volts, without noticeable distortion.
Such a signal can be taken from a mp3 player or a line-out pre.

Regards.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2011, 02:25 

forgive me in advance for being lazy, but i'm not brave enough to go through 62 pages again...

can someone tell me how to install some kind of on/off lamp? led? how should i connect it? what kind should i use?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2011, 19:21 

just use an LED and a series resistor.
Assuming the led needs 2v and 15mA, and you have chosen a 13V power supply the resistor value will be:

(13-2)V / 0.015A = 720 Ohm

My headamp has got 2 leds; a blu one as a power light and a red one that I placed underneath the valve, to give me a nice red glow.

It really depends on what you want to get, there is no limit.

Regards.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 11:33 

Piero wrote:
just use an LED and a series resistor.
Assuming the led needs 2v and 15mA, and you have chosen a 13V power supply the resistor value will be:

(13-2)V / 0.015A = 720 Ohm

My headamp has got 2 leds; a blu one as a power light and a red one that I placed underneath the valve, to give me a nice red glow.

It really depends on what you want to get, there is no limit.

so just use the same 12v supply used to power the amp? or do you need separate ps just for the led?

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 07:29 

That makes no sense to me. Just connect the LED to the existing 12V power supply.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31 

thanks. just connected green led to one of the amps and works fine.

btw, what's "infrared led"? i got one from RS since it was cheap just to try it, but using the given calculation for series resistor value, the led doesn't work....

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 15:39 

gofast wrote:
btw, what's "infrared led"? i got one from RS since it was cheap just to try it, but using the given calculation for series resistor value, the led doesn't work....

Infrared LEDs have a different use, the light they produced is in the infra-red area of the spectrum. We don't see infrared light. Infrared is used for must Tv remote controls, just to give you an example.
Good luck with your project.
Laz.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 04:54 

Hello everyone,
I'm a total ignorant newbie, and was looking for some advice.
I placed a bid for one of these amps on Ebay. Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tube-12AU7-Mosfet-Head-phone-Battery-AMP-Headphones-USA-/140525710460?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item20b7fc2c7c

The seller is tuninfork. He seems like a very nice and knowledgeable man. I was fascinated and impressed by what he had to say about the amp. He recommended checking out this forum for more information. He said he contacted Mr Gomez after he built the amp about adding a delay into the circuit to protect against turn-on transients, which he did add to the amp he is selling.

Here's my ignorant questions:
Is this amp capable of driving my Sennheiser HD800 phones - they are 300 ohms.
If so, do you think this amp a great match for the Senn's, or would you recommend something else?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 09:25 

I've finally build this amplifier, but there seems to be one problem left. The left channel is in out of phase with the right. The right one is out of phase with the input, but the left one is in phase. I've checked my circuit and everything is correct. The tube I am using is a JJ ECC82, and the MOSFETS are IRF510. Even weirder is the fact that both channels are equally loud. Could this be a faulty tube?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 170  Next