DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 12:47

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1641 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2017, 21:10 
Editor

The mosfet output stage is a buffer as noted by Kramme. Voltage gain is via the tube. So changing the transistor wont make much of a difference. This headamp as is will drive a sensitive speaker to low levels. But if you are looking to routinely drive speakers and you like this circuit, it would be best to modify the circuit so it is better suited for speakers. Please feel free to start a new thread for that discussion.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017, 07:22 

Hi! im want to give a try to this project since it look simple and I'm new to electronics , and i need a few answers.
1.I will not build it on a PCB since is a bit hard to get what i need to make one , so i will use a mirrored image of the layout provided by the designer to do the wiring , is this the correct way to go ?
2. Is the ground common for power , signal and output of the amplifier ? (it may be a stupid question but im new )
3. Can someone mark the input for the signal and the output for the headphones ?

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017, 01:32 

The right side is the input and the left is theboutput, the gnd is on the midle li ne

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2017, 17:06 

Help! I've been trying to make this project for a while now and every time I make it when I power it on R4 (10ohm) burns up. I'm using 1/2 watt and powering it with the 12v line from an old PC power supply. Is anyone having a similar problem or knows what the solution is?

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 01:06 

You put accidentally + to - check the corect polarity, i make the same mistake :) replace the 10ohm and the electrolytic capacitors!

PostPosted: 23 May 2017, 09:57 

Hello!
I'm new to all this tube stuff, but I want to build a small speaker box with tube amp.
I already built this amplifier (It sounds great) and now I have to buy a speaker for it. What power should the speaker be and how many ohms should it have?

PostPosted: 25 May 2017, 01:53 

well to be honnest
this amp is designed for 400-800 ohm
but i myself have found out it also works with 8 ohm (maybe not as loud but it works)
so any speaker would work
but the higher the ohm the better the sound
(you can also connect a few speakers in series to get to a higher ohm)

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 07:01 

Hi, I'm new to electronic wiring and would like to build this amp. I have bought all the parts but would like to ask a question. The parts list has two 50k potentiometers but I still need a volume pot, it doesn't seem to list what the value of that and I am really confused... I have ordered all the parts on the list but that doesn't seem to be everything that is shown in the images? Please help!

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 03:10 

If you look at the photos on this project you'll see one photo showing the volume pot being wired in. It is an Alps 10k audio pot but any 10k log pot will do. Are you making circuit boards?

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 02:10 

john55 wrote:
If you look at the photos on this project you'll see one photo showing the volume pot being wired in. It is an Alps 10k audio pot but any 10k log pot will do. Are you making circuit boards?

Thank you, I forgot to come back here as I did eventually find that image and worked it out. I am building the circuit on a protoboard. However I am having issues with it, when I plug just the headphones in I get an audible hum but once the source is plugged in it goes away if you twist the jack in the socket? The other problem I have is that although audio comes through it isn't very loud and completely distorts everything even on really low volume. I really hope I haven't broken any of the parts and if I have hopefully it's just the 50k pots as I have 4.7k resistors to replace those, just in case. Any help would be appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1641 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next