DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 03:14

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1641 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 165  Next
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 13:40 

In the second picture that i shared with you, is the same multimeter and on the buzzer(continuity) the simbol of a diode, cold be used the continuity for testing the irf?

I tested with continuity (probably forgot to put a diode picture there) and i check one irf and is good,
How to test lm317 , its posibil?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 14:01 

maresaldeflota wrote:
In the second picture that i shared with you, is the same multimeter and on the buzzer(continuity) the simbol of a diode, cold be used the continuity for testing the irf?

exactly

you can also get an even cheaper smaller multimeter ( half price ) with simplicity of ac/dc volt, diode, ohm aso. which is handy for most common daily use. this one here would be a good match to the other one you already got.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 06405.html

i think it's good value for the money. it even have display lights which is nice sometimes out in the field. only thing is stiff wires ...but change them to a better quality soft ones. it's no big deal.

here's a youtube video of this meter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UALiwcU6Zs

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 14:12 

my multimeter has a diode ,now i understand, because they omitted to put the simbol,
now i want to test lm317 how i test it?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 14:17 

maresaldeflota wrote:

I tested with continuity (probably forgot to put a diode picture there) and i check one irf and is good,
How to test lm317 , its posibil?

don't buy the second one you've showed me, then you've got two nearly the same. you should deal with another multimeter which has other functions, which could be a better match. it's all about many different kind of functions.

edit:
don't understand you've just told me there's no continuity test on your multimeter :confused: so you've got a tester now ?

sorry i'm very tired now.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 14:25 

When you can put a picture with your amp, components and pcb on the back (if you can) please

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 14:38 

maresaldeflota wrote:
my multimeter has a diode ,now i understand, because they omitted to put the simbol,

simply connect voltage pin3 ( in ) to battery + and connect pin 1 ( adjust ) inserted between ( load ) and resistor. pin 2 ( out ) goes to resistor. ( load ) goes to ground. now you're able to see if it regulates. the purpose here is to regulate current and not voltage, so if you insert an amp meter ( dca ) then it should read around 1 A if the supply is 12 vdc. refering to the picture below with a 1,2 ohm resistor.

when using a 10 ohm resistor as used in the amplifier you should read around 120 mA. in the shown example insert the load ( amp meter ), even if it's not the amp meter which is the load. the load is actually the lm317, which eats 1 A vs. 120 mA in these two tests of a ccs configuration.

the shown picture is a ccs ( constant current source ).

Last edited by KrammeAcoustics on 10 Feb 2017, 15:41, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 14:45 

maresaldeflota wrote:
When you can put a picture with your amp, components and pcb on the back (if you can) please

i don't have that amp anymore and when i had it was not on a pcb

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 15:38 

maresaldeflota wrote:

diode test ( as in the video ) was ment for the mosfet, not the lm317 regulator. i've just told you in another way how to test the lm 317 regulator in a ccs mode. look back.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 13:06 

https://i.stack.imgur.com/zsp7C.png

:firefighter: :sick: :hot:

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017, 11:25 

One new question, where i put multimeter to measure the bias?
Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1641 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 165  Next