DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 21 Aug 2019, 18:46

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 167  Next
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 00:51 

And i see a strange thing, whit the tube the gnd and the + seem to be i short, this is normal?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 07:43 

I think I found the problem (page 10 & 11) other guy's have same problem like me. First project that i build it i shorted the lm317 pins, i used inthis project the 470 u capacitors, (used a 3 caps) i switch the caps and the both channels 10ohm make smoke, the lm and irf i already change, i will replace the casps with one new...tomorrow! To see that is my problem smoking :)

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 10:14 

maresaldeflota wrote:
I will buy from farnell, which Lm317 to choose?

any lm 317 in to-220 housing from farnell will work

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 11:12 
Editor

PierrePDP wrote:
Would it be possible to use a 12BH7A instead of a 12AU7?

They are similar, but I doubt it. The 12BH7 plate resistance is lower and so is the amplification factor.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 12:25 

maresaldeflota wrote:
I think I found the problem (page 10 & 11) other guy's have same problem like me. First project that i build it i shorted the lm317 pins, i used inthis project the 470 u capacitors, (used a 3 caps) i switch the caps and the both channels 10ohm make smoke, the lm and irf i already change, i will replace the casps with one new...tomorrow! To see that is my problem smoking :)

well i'm always curious, so i've found a badge of lm317's on the shelf ( china crap ) so i just had to try them out as a voltageregulator reg. 1,25 - 37 vdc ...and guess what it smoked the 270 ohm resistor coupled to the 1 k pot. i've found out pin 2 and 3 are reversed, so i have to use pin 2 for input and pin 3 for output which is opposite of normal ( normally pin 2 is output and pin 3 is input ). i guess this badge could be lm337 regulators which was printed/named wrong. note 337 vs 317 has opposite pinout's 2 > 3 vs 3 > 2

here is the datasheet of both lm317 and lm337

what a bad hairday ...or maybe i just should see it as good to find out how much crap we get when buying in china. :down:

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 12:46 

I use St microelectronics, that is a French Italian company with
from Switzerland, product line :) china, with a sales of 7 billion usd :) even farnell sell them products :), i buy now from Texas instrumentals, wanting... :) to see that i will use put some porc on the barbecue :)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 04:44 

Im am nervously, i replace everything but same problem SMOKE. i will Give me beer for Who HELPS :headphones:
so debusolated , to do everyting good and nothing good :firefighter:

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 11:07 

maresaldeflota wrote:
Im am nervously, i replace everything but same problem SMOKE. i will Give me beer for Who HELPS :headphones:
so debusolated , to do everyting good and nothing good :firefighter:

if i understand it right you're ready to give you self a beer, when you get help ? hmmm, okay. anyway look at the picture ( red ring ) it seems a problem if you have turned the pot to the wrong side then it's a shortcut. be sure it's adjusted to example half way from start to end or even better measure it to a value in between, before mounting. next ( yellow rectangle ) it seem you've not connected two of the pins together. if not the bias can not be adjusted, because it will only see whole value of the trim pot. wondering why you've put two legs together in one side, but not in the other side. next ( blue ring ) solder, without any connection ? there must be something wrong there if a component is not connected to anything.

note: yellow rectangle isue has nothing to do with the burning components ...it's just an observasion i've made.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 11:31 

Blue is connected, but is to low soldered, i check with multimeter, the trims already replaced whith fixed resistor, tell you nothing with connection and shorts, that's im furios because i cannot understand why........ Smokes and with the trims they're soldered on the other side because they don't fit :D

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 12:20 

maresaldeflota wrote:
Blue is connected, but is to low soldered, i check with multimeter, the trims already replaced whith fixed resistor, tell you nothing with connection and shorts, that's im furios because i cannot understand why........ Smokes and with the trims they're soldered on the other side because they don't fit :D

i still have to understand, is it only one of the channels that smokes ? does the other channel work ?

when i was a newbie i took everything apart, when i had to trouble shoot ( desoldered all components ) and then one by one measured differences between the components. i could say to you that you should do the same. maybe it's a slow way but it's a safe way to do it and you'll learn more by doing so. alternatively you could take away a few parts so you're sure that non of the components are in a circuit and then measure out from that. for the mosfet you'll have to know if it works as a diode. it has to block in one direction. this test will be done in several tempi between gate, drain and source. i've found a video where the shown mosfet has the same pinout as the if 510 ...check this link to learn how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkWy1EirEu8

NOTE: be careful about adding static electricity to the mosfet it's very sensitive. short all pins to ensure no harm will be done, when it's out of circuit.

do this first, next we'll test the lm317 voltageregulator if you not find some failures in the mosfet.

Last edited by KrammeAcoustics on 10 Feb 2017, 12:29, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 167  Next