DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 03 Apr 2020, 21:47

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 10:32 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 10:52
Posts: 86
Location: Menifee, California U.S.A.
O.K. I am not sure if this post is the right location, so here it goes.
I completed my K272A tube amp and I am very happy with it, so I connected a LM3915 UV meter that I created to the output from my Ipod.
Any threads on this ?
There is sometimes a little static at the output line.
I do not have the connectors shielded to the wiring to the LM3915 and have not tried this yet.
I have added a .1 uf cap. 50v and a 390 ohm resistor across the cap, it seems to help but not to my satisfaction.
I am in the works on adding a graphics equalizer to this project next.
Any feedback would me much appreciated.
Robbie


This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 18:53 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 10:52
Posts: 86
Location: Menifee, California U.S.A.
I did not mention that this was for a portable tube music system for my Ipod.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 10:50 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 10:52
Posts: 86
Location: Menifee, California U.S.A.
I found the problem with the static,
I replaced a faulty output audio jack.
:thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 20:29 
Offline
Editor
User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2008, 21:53
Posts: 4580
Location: Winnipeg, CANADA
:up: I strongly suggest you get grommets on those tubes. They really do make a world of difference with those 6418 tubes which are very micro-phonic. Ideally you would have put the grommets on prior to soldering in the tubes. Be careful you don't break a pin when you install the grommets. Use some Vaseline and you should have no problems.
Cheers

_________________
[ DIY Mains AC Power Cable Cord ] - [ Gobo LM1875 Amp Kit ] - [ Tang Band D4-1 Horn Speaker Kit ] - [ Monoblock Push-Pull KT88 Tube Amp Kit ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010, 09:04 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 10:52
Posts: 86
Location: Menifee, California U.S.A.
I will get them on today !
I was reading on the sensitivity of the tubes being very micro-phonic.
Thanks for the heads-Up.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
DIY Tube Projects :: DIY Tube Amp Kits :: DIY Speaker Projects :: DIY Solid State Projects :: DIY IC / Op-amp Projects :: DIY Phono Projects :: DIY Cable Projects :: Hi-Fi Audio Schematics
© diyAudioProjects.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy