DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 23:23

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009, 08:13 

Clearly! Thank you! In my version of power + - 42 volts, i shouldn't be afraid to use zener diodes at 22 volts, what do you think?
I do not want anything to burn! :D

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009, 16:50 
Project Author

you will need to do the calculations for the zeners.

or you can try it and adjust as necessary

-Dan

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:48 

Hi
I'm very new to electronics .Two months ago I started to build this Jean Hiraga Class-A solid-state amplifier. I learned how to read schematics, how to solder,how to make a PCB and even how to reform old stock capacitors. because believe it or not in my country you can not find any new one.I know what you think it was foolish for my first attempt and as you guessed it is not working.I could not find 0.22 farad capacitors so I went for eight 10000 mf plus two 100 mf , two 100n and two 680n along with two 20w 1ohm resistors.Of course It is not my design, here is the link http://tnt-audio.com/clinica/ssps3_e.html everything else is the same as the new schematic.the zeners are 22 volts but they are very small(smaller than 4148 for example) and run quite hot.I measured 23.8 volt after them. but in other places the voltage was very low and unstable.I connected a cheap speaker. but It sounds like it is not connected at all.I rechecked the pcb and everything seems alright. I dont have any clue and I dont know even if it is possible for you to help in here at all. Anyhow thank you
Ashkan

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 18:30 

My transformer is a toroidal 25v 300VA. I used MKT capacitors for the 2200 pF ,also my 1.8k resistors are not metal film and they also run somehow hot. Some of the components are not visible in the original project. I believe that they are connected under the pcb. Except for the two 68pF capacitors, I made room for every component on the pcb. I believe I have done a very good job except that it's not working :mrgreen: I really appreciate any suggestion. I will upload some pictures tomorrow

Ashkan

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 01:45 
Project Author

Hi Ashkan, I think it is best if you have a technician friend haves a look at the amp build for -or you can post a few detailed pictures up here I can have a look for you

_Dan

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 06:09 

Hi Dan, it is very kind of you. I don't have any friend but if you suggest I will show it to some professional technician.here are some pictures;
Attachment:
a4.jpg
Attachment:
a3.jpg
Attachment:
A2.jpg
Attachment:
A1.jpg

Ashkan

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 04:34 
Project Author

Hi Ashkan, I like the amp style you have made nice work.
Do you have a multi meter? And have you double checked spool the component values?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 05:24 

Hi Dan.thanks for the nice comment.Well, yes I do have a multimeter.I just rechecked the resistor values.Everything seems fine except that two 442R resistors do not show their real values. The upper one near the A634 shows 1R and the lower one shows 233.Is it because of the pot?.Those two 5W 0.33R resistors show 1.1R. I dont know how to check other component values or functionality.Thank you very much again.
Ashkan

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 06:52 

Hi
It's working now. I found some faulty transistors and replaced them. It is not so hard to check the transistors. But I didn't let it run for more than 15 minutes. the c5200 and a1943 don't run hot during this 15 minutes. maybe they become just a little warm.But at the other hand the c1096 runs hot. and when I try to reduce the distortion by the use of potentiometer it seems to run hotter. Anybody has any idea? Is there a problem ?
I really appreciate any suggestion.thanks
Ashkan

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 14:03 

p.s.
I measured the voltage drop across 5w resistors. It is 7 m volt . I calculated the current which I found to be a rediculously small amount.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next