DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 07:51

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 42  Next
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 13:59 

tombethe wrote:

Hm..the last one doesn't look some complicated. Is there any alternatives to the transistors, since I got everything except them in my box?

Cheers

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 17:56 
Project Author

Hej Olof,

there are some alternatives (standard small-signal transistors) that could be used:
2N5551 // 2N3904 // 2N5401 // BC337-40 // MPSA06.
I think that this 2N5551 should be a good choice. It works very good on the Baxandall t-stack from A. Collins (Zen UK).
I couldn't measure the circuit until now, but i have the good feeling that they are fine.

Some of my projects: TDA2050 Chip Amp, the LM3886 Gainclone Thread and the Szekeres Headamp Thread.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 13:33 

Cheers,
I'm gonna finish the amp and psu circuits then I'll see how I do with the eq!

Here is a little sneak peek on amp circuit, my mom had to adjust the toner tranfer paper which messed up the TDA2050, that's why it's a little bit crooked. :P

Otherwise I think it looks OK for a first time etching!

Cheers,
Olof

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 15:34 
Project Author

Olof,
Your Mom even does the ironing on your boards!! :D
Love it.
Ri

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 17:48 
Project Author

Hej Olof,

congrats :up: It doesn't look bad! I just remembered that my first diy boards went totally wrong. Don't despair - the next boards are like paintings ;-)

Some of my projects: TDA2050 Chip Amp, the LM3886 Gainclone Thread and the Szekeres Headamp Thread.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 18:24 
Editor

Good stuff, way to get mom involved. DIY Audio is for everyone! ;)

Yep, don't forget you will need to attach the chip to a heat sink. So if you can get the chip near the edge of the PCB it will be easier to mount.
Cheers

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 19:00 
Project Author

Just an other way to mount coolers if you can't mount them close to the ICs. Just use a U-shaped piece of aluminium, large enough to connect it to the IC and the cooler... Don't forget to isolate the chip fom the cooler / alu bar..
Attachment:
cooler_conn.GIF

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 19:26 
Project Author

Nice trick :)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 11:06 

Cheers guys,
I made a new one without moms help :P and I'm very pleased with the result!

Alright, she did the ironing, nothing else :blush:

All I need to do is to add C7 then I suppose it's done? or is there any faults?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 16:29 

Hi again,

I just finished building the power supply and it did not explode ;) but the thing is that when I measure between V- and GND my multimeter says 0,00V. But when I measure between V+ and GND I get +26V!

Why is it like this?

Thanks in advance,
Olof

PS! I use 4x4700uF caps. 2 in parallell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 42  Next