DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 00:58

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: PAM8403 - 3+3W D-amp
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 11:03 

Here's the datasheet for the TDA7492P. At 18V, 20W output power at 1% should be reasonable.
Datasheet TDA7492P

Some other interesting stuff, like this 2x15W amp - PAM8610.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 12:55 

I have started to install my other amp modules (TPA3110 and TDA7429) in the three plastic cases I ordered from German company http://www.reichelt.de.
Wanted some higher power for a pair of speakers that don't really sing out nice and fine at 3W. That isn't really true, but still I want some amps with higher power ratings.
I am also waiting for a pair of TPA3118 (60W mono each).
So, just som few shots of what I am up to right now:

Attachment:
IMG_2428.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_2430.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_2431.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_2432.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 18:38 
Project Author

Colourful.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2017, 01:58 

That was what caught my eye. We have some few shops for electronics in Sweden and a bigger one that ( :confused: ) sends stuff from the Netherlands. Also we may buy stuff from Farnell and Mouser (P&P added :eek: ) and then there's this German company - Reichelt - that has also a lot. I found the 2SK1058 in that shop and at a VERY good price.

Anyway, I am more of a metal box fan, but the colorful plastic boxes looked so smart, but to be honest. It took me 10 minutes to open them up. We Swedes tend to read the manuals when nothing else helps, and the manual (a piece of paper) said I had to press the sides of the box to open it. No screws (to be lost), just snap-together. The boards are screwed on a piece of sheet metal (aluminium/zink, got tons of it at work)

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2017, 02:09 
Project Author

I like it.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 11:25 

I really have no good pics of the red, yellow and green amps, but at least I have one working 25W D-amp and a working 15W amp. However, the DC-connector to the 15-Watter must be changed from 2.1 to 2.5mm to be more standard.
Waiting for a pair of 60W monomodules from eBay.

Also had an idea for the 25W amp with BT-only. There are five small buttons on the board that may be replaced by other bigger types, but those I plan to solder on a small veroboard and have them protruding thru the front of the plastic box.

There are, in my collections ten more 3W amps and components: battery holders, potentiometers, connectors and tin boxes on the way from China. Mass production waits for me, but first I have to go East.

Attachment:
IMG_2457.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_2462.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 12:44 

ha ha ha... I see, and read, the funniest things on this site.
sur makes my day.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 13:28 

Wait til you see my tube amp. I'm in Russia at the moment and far away from my electronic stuff, though in my late brother-in-law's apartment where we are staying are lot of GoodReader.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 14:44 

Dug up an old Tripath amp, almost finished but still with a few things to fix. Planned to throw out the kitbuilt (SMD!!!) amp and use the TPA3110 that has become homeless, but decided to do another trick. I simply installed the 15W amp in one of my tin cans. Add some filter caps to ensure nice and smooth DC. There are some issues like the connectors are set 1 mm to low, so a certain caution has to be taken when operating this one.
I will go for a three-day trip and will have this one to play music in the evenings at the hotel.

Attachment:
IMG_3353.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_3354.jpg

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 18:45 
Project Author

Appears there is plenty of space in there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next